Our School Improvement Plan has been informed by review from our school improvement partners in Grow Education, our Camden Professional Partner and by on-going school review and self-evaluation led by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
For 2020-21 our key school improvement priorities are:
Quality of Education:
- To maintain the excellence in attainment and progress achieved over the past 3 years and continue to develop accurate tracking of progress in Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Science and RE
- To use AHT and support teacher to help identify gaps in child’s learning and ensure that the correct support is put in place.
- To set ambitious targets for every child and use baseline assessments and progress meetings throughout the year to ensure children remain on track to meet them.
- To ensure a consistent and sustained approach, and a shared understanding of high-quality teaching & learning is sustained.
- To continue to provide and enhance the broad and balanced curriculum on offer so that it inspires pupils to learn and provides them with wider opportunities to excel in music, arts, languages and physical education.
- To achieve the Science Quality Mark and use as an audit tool to further develop planning and assessment in Science.
- To embed the newly arranged reading scheme throughout EYFS and KS1.
Leadership & Management:
- To continue to develop the skills and knowledge of the whole staff team.
- To continue to develop subject leaders and support new leaders to keep the school improving, by focusing on the impact of actions in key areas.
- To ensure that leaders at all levels demonstrate a deep and accurate understanding of the school’s effectiveness, informed by the views of pupils, parents and staff.
Personal Development, Behaviour and Attitudes:
- To continue to develop an understanding of Keeping Children Safe in Education and maintain rigorous safeguarding procedures.
- To ensure coaching and mentoring is available to staff at all levels to ensure staff well-being and good mental health.
- To continue to provide support and advice for parents and children on home learning.
- To continue to discuss vulnerable pupils each week and agree and review effectiveness of mechanisms to support children (SLT).
- To continue to develop a consistency of practice and expectations of behaviour for learning.
Christian Character and Vision:
- To revisit the school’s Christian Vision with staff on INSET days, refine the vision with all stakeholders.
- To hold termly meetings with clergy, school council and SLT to plan and evaluate collective worship.
- To continue to support children in developing religious literacy.
- To ensure the Christian Vision continues to drive all aspects of school life and has a profound impact on all within our community.
Effectiveness of Early Years:
- To create an enabling environment that meets the needs of all learners and provides challenge in all areas of learning.